Keep Up on Your Kids’ Nutrition Needs!
Get the Tru facts on kids and nutrition
Did you know?
- Only 1 in 10 girls and 1 in 4 boys ages 9-13 gets the calcium they need.1
- More than half of children and teens don’t get enough phosphorus.2
- An astonishing 70% of children are not getting the amount of vitamin D they need in their daily diets. Vitamin D is such an important nutrient that the American Academy of Pediatrics recently doubled their vitamin D recommendations.3
Well, we’ve got some truly reassuring news about the nutrients found in milk! Just one 8-ounce serving of milk provides your kids with4:
- As much calcium as 7 cups of broccoli
- As much potassium as a small banana
- As much vitamin A as 2 baby carrots
- As much vitamin D as 3.5 ounces of cooked salmon
Since TruMoo is made with fresh, pure milk, and has a chocolaty taste kids love, it won’t be hard to help your kids get the nutrients they need! You’ll be able to rest easy knowing their growing bodies are getting the good stuff required to be strong and healthy. We’d say that’s a truly good thing®!
For recipes, snack ideas and lots of fun ideas for you and your kids, head over to our TruMoms Blog!
1 Mosefegh A et al. What we eat in America. NHANES 2001-2002: Usual nutrient intakes from food compared to dietary reference intakes USDA, ARS, 2005.
2 Kumar et al. Prevalence and Associations of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Defeciency in US Children: NHANES 2001-2004.Pediatrics 2009; 124: e362-e370.
3 Wagner CL, Greer FR et al. Prevention of rickets and Vitamin deficiency in infants, children, and adolescents. Pediatrics 2008; 122(5): 1142-1152.
4 USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 22, 2009.